Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sharing books with friends....















One of my favorite places to stop in and check out used books is our local Goodwill. I picked up a couple of contemporary classics for my 'third daughter' (Molly's best friend), Katlyn. I think that I piqued her interest with Fahrenheit 451 and Flowers for Algernon ;-)

Molly, on the other hand, has been reading The Rest of Her Life, by Laura Moriarty. I'd picked it up when I went to the author's reading (as well as having a great chat with Laura!) at the Kansas Book Festival this year.



Good friends, Mary Jo and Ervin Grant, invited us over to their home for dinner last weekend and Ervin sent me home with this book. If you can't quite read the subtitle, it says it all about the premis of the book - 'America's century of regime change from Hawaii to Iraq'.



No comments: